[Qgis-user] Loss of scale after clipping

David Addy davesgrandad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 01:05:10 PDT 2019

This scale problem has just raised its head again in a different context.
I have been experiencing the 40 second loading time which a few other people
have also reported, ever since 3.4.1, when this all started.
In addition I often get QGIS not responding messages most often when
clicking on "Project" tab to do a save or whatever. I have got used to
waiting 20 seconds for it to become responsive again.
I have carried on just accepting these delays, and the occasional crash when
closing.
Last night it crashed when closing and today I can open the map but the
scale bar shows the dreaded 0:1 and it is impossible to change it.
I am on W10 with version 3.8.3 of QGIS, which I always load using the
standalone installer.
I have tried uninstalling  every earlier QGIS versions, disabling all my
plugins, using a different profile, and none of these has had any effect
upon the slow loading speed etc.
I think all these symptoms are linked in some way, and I blame it all on
QGIS 3.4.1. Has it left something lurking somewhere?