[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Sun Oct 27 23:58:07 PDT 2019

Hi Carolina,

The tiff file does not contain the style but only the data. Both
applications will somehow guess what would be a nice visualization of
this, and they take different guesses.

The good news is that you can change the layer style in both
applications. In QGIS you can set it to "singleband gray" to get what
ArcMap made for you.

If you want ArcMap to show your layer in the QGIS style you need to
change the symbology too, but I don't know what that is called. Probably
something called "unique values" or "discrete". Otherwise ask some
ArcPeople on an ArcForum. ;)

Good luck,
Raymond