[Qgis-user] Crash when opening project with QGIS 3.10

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Oct 30 07:47:07 PDT 2019

> What's this about? A social experiment?

Yes, I'm "Ben Hutcher". Too bad you destroyed it so quickly :-)

I just discovered this functionnality of QGIS and this scared me. I believe I
would have accepted the warning because I ignored that QGIS projects could
contain Python code, and I presume a lot of users would. IMHO clicking on the
Enable macros link should raise a dialog box with a more explicit message
about the potential risks to double confirm.

"Python macros cannot currently be run." sounds to me as "you should enable
macros so things work as expected". It is not even clear that the macros come
from the project itself. They could be some trusted code in QGIS itself. Once
you know that functionnality is, then yes the current behaviour is probably
fine. But if you don't know it, there's a high chance you could run untrusted
code without realizing it.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com