[Qgis-user] Qgis-user Problem splitting polygons with line layer

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Dec 8 01:44:45 PST 2020

Thanx guys for your input,

check validity brought up no problems, fix geometries did not help.

But, simply using the Linies to polygons tool did most of the job for me
and delivered the parcels. I then managed to split the parcels with
other lines to get the subsections.

This tool did not work at all in the past, so I completely erased it out
of my mindset. Obviously, sth changed to the better there. It's a
problem when you already work for too long with QGIS, so you stick to a
behaviour derived from the experiences in the past.

Thanks,

Bernd