[Qgis-user] In-place processing

Kai Borgolte Kai.Borgolte at gmx.de
Tue Dec 8 03:57:45 PST 2020

Hi,

I am experimenting (again) with processing algorithms and models. I see
with "Edit Features In-Place" there is a limited selection of algorithms
available.

1. One constraint seems to be that field definitions are not changed.
But the choice includes field-generating algorithms like "Count points
in polygon" and "Sum line lengths". I don't see these are doing anything
in-place. Am I missing something?

2. Is it possible to create a model that is usable in-place?

3. Is there a work-around, so that I can have algorithms or models that
add fields to existing layers in-place?

Thanks,
Kai Borgolte, Bonn