[Qgis-user] issues DB manager and qgis3.16.1

Groene Bij mail at groenebij.nl
Tue Dec 15 04:28:57 PST 2020

Hi all,

I just downloaded qgis 3.16.1 (win64) and installed it next to my existing
qgis 3.10.4

I went ahead and did some work in DB manager and immediately notices a slow
response. Simple select queries which take about 0.004 sec in qgis3.10.4 now
take .4 sec in qgis 3.16.1

Also, when viewing data in the table-tab in DB manager something weird
happens: data gets repeated. The primary key column (gid) should contain and
does contain unique values.

However, in the table-tab view some rows are repeated, so for instance, row
106 shows gid = 101 and the corresponding values for the other columns.
Then, scrolling down row 206 also shows gid = 101 and the corresponding
values for the other columns (corresponding tot gid=101)

This example containing row 106 and 206 is just a coincidence, it is not
that it repeats after 100 rows. Multiple rows are copied, just by scrolling
up and down I notice several different gid values being copied.

Furthermore the result is consistent  when closing qgis and reopening it.
Select the same table and it is again row 106 and row 206 that will show gid
= 101

Doing the same in qgis 3.10.4 does not show this error. In qgis 3.10.4 row
106 shows gid = 101 and row 206 shows gid = 205

So there seems to be something going on with db manager and qgis3.16.1, but
I have no idea what it could be.

Kind regards,

Jeroen