[Qgis-user] Volume calculation - Reg

Michael Dufty MDufty at mbsenvironmental.com.au
Fri Dec 18 01:28:18 PST 2020

The links for Nicolas are quite useful, but I think to create a raster DEM from vector lines you probably need to use the interpolate triangulation with breaklines or structure lines.
The dialogue takes a bit of getting used to, you need to choose the layer the data will come from, click + then in the box below choose whether the layer is being used for points, breaklines or structure lines.

I’ve had major issues with the interpolation crashing QGIS if I try to used it with breaklines for complex imported data, but it seems to work OK for simple test geometries, and may be good for a simple excavation.

I’d be interested to know if anyone has had success with interpolation using breaklines for more complex data, I’ve had to resort to other software trying to import DEM supplied as dxf 3d faces, but maybe I’m missing a basic step like fixing geometry or removing duplicates.