[Qgis-user] Ramp formation volume calculate

Kirk Schmidt kirk at nortekresources.com
Tue Dec 22 08:50:25 PST 2020

Abhi:

Basically, you will have to create a surface of the object you are
trying to model and an exit DEM of the study site.  The challenge is how
to create the ramp, semicircle model you described.

If you want to create the ramp object in QGIS, I would suggest
digitizing the footprint of the ramp structure using many vertices.  I
would then extract the vertices from the footprint polygon and add z
values for each vertex in the point layer. You can visualize these using
the 3D Map view and adjust the z value as required.  Once you are happy
with the results, you can generate a tin from the point layer.

Someone on the list may have a bteer approach, but this is all I can
come up with using version 3.10.

The following link describes the general process and will get you started:

https://www.pointsnorthgis.ca/blog/how-to-calculate-surfacecut-volume-qgis-advanced/

Kirk Schmidt

On 12/22/2020 7:19 AM, Abhi Shek wrote:
> Sir,
>
> Please refer to the subject above, I want to calculate the volume of
> earth excavation to form a ramp profile with an end semi-circle. The
> details are as follows:
> Ramp length 50m (from 150 RL to 50 RL) after turned to curve of radius
> 3m end 25RL
>
> Please help me in this matter.
>

> --
> with warm regards,