[Qgis-user] Blurry XYZ tile layers

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Wed Dec 23 04:37:58 PST 2020

Vector Tiles are relatively new. We introduced them in 3.14:
https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/crowdfunding/vectortile-qgis/

It's more suitable for mobile and web maps, but also useful for background
maps in desktop application.

There are several free and non free sources.

Kind regards
Saber

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020, 12:20 Ryan Peel, <ryanpeel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow!  These vector tiles are awesome.  The Qwant Map is great.  Has all
> the driveways here in the States, and pretty darn accurate!  Has someone
> compiled a top 10 list somewhere of great Vector Tile services?  I find
> these kinds of discoveries lead to more problem solving and time saving.
>

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 3:23 AM Saber Razmjooei <
> saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ryan,
>>
>> Did you change the tile resolution in your connection settings:
>> https://help.inputapp.io/images/xyz_settings.png
>>
>> Another better option is to use Vector Tiles:
>> https://help.inputapp.io/howto/settingup_background_map_vectortile
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Saber
>>
>> On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 at 22:58, Ryan Peel <ryanpeel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!  Whenever I add the XYZ tiles for Google Maps or Open Street Map,
>>> etc, they are legible but it seems the more I zoom in, the worse it gets.
>>> It's not sharp at all.  I think it's because I have my monitor set to 175%
>>> zoom level (my monitor is large enough to justify this - it's 3840x2160).
>>>
>>> Is there a better way to integrate these tile type services in this type
>>> of scenario?  they seem better when I change the monitor to 100% zoom level
>>> but it makes everything else so small.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ryan