[Qgis-user] Categorized layers in QGIS-Server-WMS?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jan 8 05:55:28 PST 2020

On 08/01/2020 14.46, Michael Rose wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> By unchecking the tickboxes in front of the classnames the style of the
> point displacement is really reduced by these classes. So this works as
> a simple usable filter.. but does not helps solving my task
>
> Maybe in the future the QGIS-Server enables to configure classes of a
> categorized layer as own WMS-sub-layers.

Mmm, not sure if that is in line with WMS specs...

Another 'hacky' idea is to create the classes once, and then (in styles)
make the classes you do not want to see 100% or 99% transparent. Then
the data is still there (so will be taken into account when calculating
displacement etc, but will not be visible). Then duplicate that file
times your classes, and in every duplicate make one class visible (not
via checkbox because that changes the 'data', but via the style) and
name that layer an unique name ...
But ... hacky :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde