[Qgis-user] Attribute Assistant

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Wed Jan 22 01:09:37 PST 2020

Hi Ed,
In addition to what Matthias said, there is also Virtual Fields an example of them can be seen here

https://www.northrivergeographic.com/archives/qgis-2-6-virtual-fields

http://changelog.kartoza.com/en/qgis/section/expressions-23/print/149/

I believe this may be of some help. Note Virtual fields are not saved as part of the Layer, but as Part of the active project. You could though make them permanent when you’re finished, by creating a new field and using the virtual field as the source.
Hope this helps,

Richard.

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 1 647 6543
https://www.opw.ie

——