[Qgis-user] MemoryLayerSaver plugin - Is there a way to recover data?

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Mon Jan 27 10:46:12 PST 2020

Hi Julien

This is not a known problem/bug to me (MLS author).  Probably wouldn't be much use filing a bug report unless you have steps to reproduce creating and then failing to read the .mldata file, as there would be no way of testing.  Does it report any particular error when it tries to load the file?

Do you know of anything that might have changed between when you saved the project and when you are trying to reload it.  What version of QGIS was the project saved with.  I doubt that another program would be able to read the file if the memory layer saver plugin cannot, it would just be doing the same python/Qt stuff that it is already doing.  If the file is corrupt then it might be possible to read the data to the point at which it fails.

At the moment it is designed to read all or nothing.  It could be modified fairly easily to read the data up to the point at which it fails (either on a layer by layer or feature by feature basis).

Cheers
Chris