[Qgis-user] How to calculate surface volume from UAV DEM tif files in QGIS

Sean Hill seanhillsa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 08:14:49 PDT 2020

Is it possible to calculate surface volume from aerial photographs
(orthomosaic maps in DEM tif file format) in QGIS?

Everything I have found on the internet refers to using
satellite images. I did find one article on generating surface
volume from drone imagery but is difficult to understand as it is
missing some steps and/or the steps aren't clear and do not render the
same results from step to step even though I follow the steps to the letter.

Please help

Sean