[Qgis-user] How to export a layout to GeoPDF format using QGIS on Ubuntu 20.04?

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Sat Jun 20 05:06:40 PDT 2020

Hi all,
I tried, without success, to export a print layout in GeoPDF format using
QGIS 3.12.3-București installed on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa from
https://qgis.org/ubuntu repository.

QGIS is compiled and runs against GDAL/OGR 3.0.4. The poppler library is
installed on the system (please see
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/365227/how-to-export-a-layout-to-geopdf-format-using-qgis-on-ubuntu-20-04
for detailed packages version).

Both 'gdalinfo --formats | grep -i pdf' and 'ogrinfo --formats | grep -i
pdf' output: 'PDF -raster,vector- (rw+vs): Geospatial PDF'

However, the "Create Geospatial PDF (GeoPDF)" checkbox is disabled in the
PDF Export Options window with the following explanation: "GDAL PDF driver
was not built with PDF read support. A build with PDF read support is
required for GeoPDF creation."

What else should I do and what other package should I install in order to
enable the GeoPDF exporting feature?

Thank you in advance.

Andrea Giudiceandrea