[Qgis-user] Mesh calculation python modules

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Thu Jun 25 22:38:57 PDT 2020

Hi Matt,

What format is your mesh saved in? QGIS supports ESRI TIN format (
https://github.com/lutraconsulting/MDAL/issues/162) and some other HDF
based mesh data (https://github.com/lutraconsulting/MDAL#supported-formats).
If your data is supported by MDAL, you can then load them directly in QGIS
and use Mesh Calculator (which is also available in the Processing Toolbox).

Hope that helps.

Kind regards
Saber

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 01:33, Matt Boyd <mattslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi QGISers,
> I'm doing some work with some modelling using python that generates large
> numbers of mesh surfaces. I'd like to be able to perform comparisons and
> run calculations on the meshes. Does anyone know about modules that are
> optimised and make this relatively simple. I'm visualising my outputs in
> paraview but it seems pretty forgiving so far.
>
> Thanks
> Matt

Saber Razmjooei
www.lutraconsulting.co.uk