[Qgis-user] Installing PythonQwt into MacOS bundled python (3.12.0)

Mat Schaffer mat at schaffer.me
Wed Mar 4 22:55:34 PST 2020

Hello,

I'm attempting to use this plugin with the macos distribution of QGIS
3.12.0: https://github.com/OpenGeoLabs/qgis-safecast-plugin

But when using one of the panels I get this error:

  No module named 'qwt'

The author has mentioned I need to install PythonQwt, but I can't see how
to do that in the scope of the bundled python.

I see a python3 binary
at /Applications/QGIS3.12.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7
but I can't find a `pip` or `easy_install`

Advice around the internet seems to be use homebrew to install QGis, but I
quite like the bundled package if it's possible.

Any advice on how to get dependencies installed so the bundled python
interpreter cna use them?

Thanks!
Mat