[Qgis-user] QGIS uninstalled after GDAL PPA install

Lorenzo-Outlook morettilorenzo at outlook.com
Fri Mar 6 02:57:49 PST 2020

Thanks Ben

It is true, with the repo 'ubuntugis' the version of QGIS 3.10.2 is not the most recent but the libraries are definitely newer, GDAL 3.0.2 and PROJ4 6.2.1. It is a bit confusing that since the repo 'ubuntu' the QGIS 3.12.0 version is the most recent while the libraries are much less recent and the repo 'ltr' also has the older libraries but anyway for now I could work on different virtual machines. Of course in some cases I have compiled the libraries too but with QGIS there are many libraries connected and I prefer to rely on stable or unstable repos. When the new operating system 20.04 will arrive maybe it will be better to update to have everything updated.

Thanks again
Lorenzo