[Qgis-user] Aggregation in layout legend

Alexis R.L. alroyliz0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:49:30 PDT 2020

Greetings everyone,

I would like to know if some of you would benefit from fully
functional aggregate expression in the legend.

What does this mean? Let's say you have a layer with x symbols representing
distinct type of housing units, if you want to know the median income,
average population ,etc of each category. You could do so with an
expression in the legend, which is actually functional for anything that is
not an aggregate that take into account the symbol subset.

You could also have those values change if you decide to add an extra
filtering condition to limit the calculation on features that are visible
in the map extent, this way you can use an atlas to print out everything
without changing the values manually.

I have made a QEP for this already (
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/137) and PR are
pending but I feel like I'm the only one that would benefit from such a
feature, hence why I am asking if there is an interest from other users
regarding such a thing.

Thanks!

Alex