[Qgis-user] Can I sell the maps produced from QGIS

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sat Mar 14 09:04:30 PDT 2020

Hi,

Matthias is correct.  You must, however, respect the copyrights and licences that come with the maps or the data.  For example, if you use a plugin like quickmap, you will have access to many wms service like GoogleMaps.  According to the Google map licensing, you cannot sell those maps or Images nor can you use those backgrounds to derive information from them (ex: vectorize buildings).  Make sure you find and read the licenses for the data. Governments will often have open licenses for their data.

Nicolas Cadieux