[Qgis-user] Atlas Generation

Håvard Tveite havard.tveite at nmbu.no
Thu Mar 19 00:23:27 PDT 2020

Sorry about that - I have been working with reports lately...

I tested for Atlas now (QGIS 3.12), and the corresponding
Atlas procedure also produced the atlas as a 20cm by 20 cm
PDF document:

0) I assume that the map for the "report" is already prepared.

1) Create a new print layout (*Project-> New Print Layout*).

2) Activate *Atlas setting* (Atlas-> Atlas Settings) and select
    your point layer as *Coverage Layer* under *Configuration*.

4) Check *Hidden coverage layer*, and if you want sorting,
    check *Sort by* and select a field (from the point layer).

5) If you right-click in the white "sheet" that shows up on the
    gray canvas, you can set the page size and orientation.
    Specify "Custom" with a *Width* of 200 mm and a *Height* of
    200 mm in *Item Properties* to the right.

6) Add your map (Add Item-> Add Map, by dragging out the rectangle
    for it on the canvas).

7) In the *Item Properties* of the map, select your preferred
    map *Scale*.

8) Scroll down and check *Controlled by Atlas*. *Fixed scale*
    will be the selected (and, for point layers, only possible)
    option.

9) Export your map to PDF (*Atlas-> Export Atlas as PDF...*) and
    check the results (I get 20cm x 20 cm pages)

Håvard