[Qgis-user] pyrcc5 under macOS

Christoph Jung jagodki.cj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:33:07 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I updated QGIS to 3.10 several weeks ago on my laptop running macOS with the new DMG package (a big thank you for this effort, it makes the installation and update on macOS so much easier :D). Now I wanted to compile a new plugin using „pb_tool compile“, but in the terminal I can read „pyrcc5 is not in the path“. On windows I use a workaround with a small batch file posted on stackexchange:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/273552/pyrcc5-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command

Is there a similar way for macOS/Unix to set up pyrcc correctly?

And another question: the macOS installer does not contain the Qt Designer (it is not visible in the Launchpad and not findable via Spotlight). Where can I download the Qt Designer including the QGIS GUI components (like the crs selector etc.)?

Sincerely,
Christoph