[Qgis-user] CRS Issue

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Mar 26 13:54:05 PDT 2020

Hi Tyler,

EPSG:2292 was phased out in 90's (it is marked as 'depcrecated' and not
included in the current EPSG registry), and replaced by EPSG:2954.  They
actually contain the exact same PROJ parameters; meaning that if your
local QGIS defaults to 2292 for a dataset you can safely proceed without
any worry.

Future QGIS versions (and other FOSS4G tools) leveraging an updated PROJ
db will likely solve this for you.

Now you might say 'but jeff I asked how to delete 2292...", well
honestly I would not recommend it (others may recommend this, but I do
not).  However if you wish to proceed here is a possible way (proceed at
your own risk):

open Command Prompt
cd "C:\Program Files\QGIS 3.12\apps\qgis\resources"
sqlite3 srs.db
     .tables
     .schema tbl_srs
     select * from tbl_srs where srid = 2292;
     delete from tbl_srs where srid = 2292;
     .quit

*restart QGIS

-jeff