[Qgis-user] DataPlotly questions/suggestions

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:16:38 PDT 2020

Hi Magnus,

> I recently tested the DataPlotly (impressive work!) plugin and I have a few
> questions/suggestions:

thanks! Appreciations are always welcome!

> - Can I change the font for the plot title, legend title and X/Y labels? I
> don´t see a setting for this.

not yet, but plotly let's you easily do it. Do you mind open a feature
request on the DataPlotly repository?

https://github.com/ghtmtt/DataPlotly/issues

> - Wouldn´t it be great if one could publish a layout as an online resource
> for additional interactivity? As an alternative to Power BI presentations
> but with a geodata focus? I guess this a rather massive task.

yep, massive task ;) maps on plotly side lack for some ore
functionalities (currently it is only possible via mapbox while it would
be great to have it also with leaflet and openlayer).

Anyway merging (part) of DataPlotly with QGIS2WEB plugin could also be
an idea (also massive work (ping @Tom Chadwin)

another alternative (still in beta due to a migration to django) is
https://www.talkingmaps.eu/ (ping @Federico Gianoli)

> - When I try adding DataPlotly in a processing model, I get an error:
>

> Exception: unknown Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "C:/PROGRA~1/QGIS3~1.4/apps/qgis-ltr/./python/plugins\processing\modeler\ModelerDialog.py",
> line 796, in addAlgorithm
>     alg =
> QgsApplication.processingRegistry().createAlgorithmById(algorithm.id())
> Exception: unknown
>
> Python version: 3.7.0 (v3.7.0:1bf9cc5093, Jun 27 2018, 04:59:51) [MSC v.1914
> 64 bit (AMD64)]
> QGIS version: 3.4.11-Madeira Madeira, 9a8a6d4687

same of above, could you open an issue?

https://github.com/ghtmtt/DataPlotly/issues/

there is already one (https://github.com/ghtmtt/DataPlotly/issues/92)

Cheers