[Qgis-user] Problem with upgrade to QGIS 3.12.1

QGIS.USER qgis.user at raycar.plus.com
Tue Mar 31 08:34:27 PDT 2020

Hi All,

OS Win 7 & Win10.

UK based and always use UK CRS EPSG:27700 (OSGB 1936/ British National Grid) so I have an enhanced conversion utility (OSTN15_NTv2_OSGBtoETRS.gsb) installed in my QGIS profile.

After upgrading 3.12.1, I get an error message that I need to install OSTN15_NTv2_OSGBtoETRS.gsb (despite it already being in my profile). Attempting to install it (via the warning) results in an error message about unable to access the relevant folder in my profile. I can solve that problem by deleting the existing copy of OSTN15_NTv2_OSGBtoETRS.gsb in my profile and it will then install correctly. However, even then I still get a warning that the best conversion is not available. Reverting to 3.12.0 solves the problem So for the moment, I am staying with that version.

Is this a known issue please?

Stay Safe,
Ray Carpenter.