[Qgis-user] Alternative to Evis plugin to view images with relative path

Madry, Scott madrys at email.unc.edu
Sun Oct 11 10:18:30 PDT 2020

Hello Fabio and list.  And thank you all for your service to our community.

I also use(d) eVis a lot, and know of quite a few others who do field work (ecologists, geologists, botanists, archaeologists)  who use it and like it for its simplicity and utility.

Many of the end users of QGIS who are not developers have different perspectives and needs, and might also be included in such decisions, if at all possible. Adding new features is great, but taking away useful capabilities should have a higher bar to cross,  it seems. Just my view.

Is there a way that eVis can be reinstated?

Thanks,

Scott Madry

Scott Madry, Ph.D.
Research Associate Professor of Archaeology

Tel         1-919-448-4493
Email:    madrys at email.unc.edu<mailto:madrys at email.unc.edu>
https://scottmadry.web.unc.edu
Skype:   scott madry