[Qgis-user] Show multiple photos attached to one feature

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:20:58 PDT 2020

Sophia and list,

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020, 06:20 sophia couchman <choccycouchman at iname.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have mapped individual trees in a wood using QGIS and QField in a Layer
> called Trees.  Each Tree/Feature contains a number of fields.  I included a
> field for taking photographs and for each tree I took a number of
> photographs, anywhere from 2 to 6.
>
> I then brought the QField data onto the computer.  When I right click on
> an individual feature using the Identify Features arrow the Identify
> Results box appears.  It contains all the fields including the photo field
> but this contains only one photograph in this format-
> DCIM/trees_20201010165100197.jpg but not the rest.  How can I have the rest
> of the photographs listed here too?

I think that if you have up to six photos you are going to need up to six
fields to put them in, are you not?

Alternatively you could have a oneto zero or many relationship between your
tree table and a separate photo table, which may be more difficult for you
to manage.

Some databases will support an array of items but not sure if / how that is
manifested in QGIS.

Chris