[Qgis-user] Custom CRS error

Amanda Henderson amhendu05 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 12:11:15 PDT 2020

Hi All,

I'm trying to double check some measurements of volcanoes on Mars. The DEMs
I have have a Sinusoidal CRS. I copied this information from the
information tab of the layer properties menu and pasted it into the user
defined CRS window i n.v the hopes of being able to use these DEMs. But I
get an error pop-up that says "The WKT projection definition is not valid:
missing ["

I counted all the parentheses and I don't see any place where one would be
missing. And I figured if I copied the info straight from the info tab
there shouldn't be any issues. But I can't figure this out.

I've been unable to find any helpful step by step guides on how to create a
custom CRS, so I'm probably missing something simple.

Anyone who can help I'd be eternally grateful