[Qgis-user] QGIS and SAGA 7.3.0

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sun Oct 18 03:18:12 PDT 2020

Hi Nick,

I think, there was just not enough interest to develop the plugin
further. Last commit was 2 years ago.

The general problem with SAGA seems to be, that its developers do not
care much about other software trying to interface to it, and
permanently change stuff without notice, so QGIS people got tired
chasing the bugs introduced.

But again, did you try the provider.py hack and the usr/bin path? I
doubt that changed. Am not a huge linux crack, but in terminal "which
saga_cmd" sais "/usr/bin/saga_cmd" on my machine. Try at yours.

It works great with me with SAGA 7.3 and Linux Mint 19.3 (ok, thats
still Ubuntu 18.04)