[Qgis-user] Programmatically extract WMS data based on point layer?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Oct 19 04:25:20 PDT 2020

Hi there,

unfortunately I am provided with data only in form of a WMS layer
representing areas as polygons.
These areas match with the cadastral boundaries.
I am looking for a way how to hand over the data from the WMS to my
cadastral units to be able to really work with these informations.

I created a "Point on surface" layer of the cadastre.
Is there any pythonic or other way to "mimic" the "Identify features"
click on that layer with the coordinates of those points and store the
results?

I assume, that each click is a server request, so running these (in my
case) 8000 "cĺicks" should not be sent in a millisecond, but with some
pause.
It doesn't really matter how long this takes, cause it only has to be
done once and would be in any case faster than manually clicking and
noting the data.

Obviously, this is not what the provider of the data intends, but it's
like an act of self-defence against a stubborn and bureaucratic
administration.
So, data rebels, come to help please ;)

Cheers,

Bernd