[Qgis-user] Fitting an image to the paper to export

Mauricio Tecles mtecles at yahoo.com.br
Tue Oct 20 13:00:17 PDT 2020

I havelearned to export a square image from QGIS reading some Howto of making a sceneryfor a program. I used to do that, but for some reason, probably some Windows 10update, the process does not work anymore.

To have theimage exported without any border (blank margin), I used the following process:

Zoom to layer

Crtl-P (print)

Selectprinter – I have no physical printer, so I used to select Microsoft XPSDocument Writer – maybe this is the problem now, after some Windows update.

Page setup:select “size defined by user”

Add a newmap to layout

Itemproperties -> Extents: set X min, Y min, X max, Y max

Layout:Resize layout (all margins are set to 0)

Layout->Exportas Image…

I cannot dothat anymore, the paper size is kept A4 (which is rectangular) even selecting “sizedefined by user”, changing the extents and resizing has no effect.

QGISversion 3.10.10-A Coruña, Windows 10 Home Single Langage 64 bits

Any hints?Can someone help me?

Thank you,

Mauricio