[Qgis-user] Have QGIS prompt for profile to use everytime ?

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Wed Oct 21 05:00:12 PDT 2020

Hi Lars,

I don't think you can. You can make a startup.py script that runs every
time you start QGIS, but it sits in your profile folder. So when QGIS
runs it, QGIS must already be aware of the profile that is being used.
Also, changing the profile needs a QGIS restart, so it seems QGIS cannot
change profile anymore while running.

Maybe you can make a small python (pyqt?) script that displays a dialog
with profile name picker and does a "qgis --profile NAME" for you?

Regards,
Raymond