[Qgis-user] Projections

Hernán De Angelis variablestarlight at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 23:57:52 PDT 2020

Mike

For measuring the kind of distances you are mentioning I would suggest
using ellipsoidal (geodetic) distances rather than projected distances.
This is because projected distances can become very inaccurate over
large regions (depending on the particular projection of course).

If measuring areas is important consider an equal area projection, like
Albers for example, not a conformal one like Lambert.

Hope this helps.

/H.