[Qgis-user] How to add a base map to my project?

Sebastian Gutwein bas at rdgland.com
Fri Oct 23 06:40:20 PDT 2020

Maria,
There is an Open Street Map included in your installation you can add it
through Layer>Add Layer>XYZ Layer>Open Street Map> ADD.
Or by double clicking in the browser on the OpenStreetMap in the XYZ Tiles
Section.
[image: image.png]
Additionally there are other basemaps available through the
QuickMapServices plugin.
Instructions here:
https://opengislab.com/blog/2018/4/15/add-basemaps-in-qgis-30
Hope that helps.