[Qgis-user] Editing Joined Tables

Springfield Harrison stellargps at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 01:39:48 PDT 2020

Hello Charles & Sebastian,

Thanks very much for your suggestions.  I did try the Geopackage but it
seems much less convenient for my needs than shapefiles or CSV files.  I
didn't try the xlsx option as I require a CSV table as the primary table
in the join (to import UTM coordinates). Other spreadsheet formats do
not trigger the X/Y georeferencing options found in the delimited text
file type.

I need to frequently add UTM positions to the primary table plus make
manual edits to it so it needs to be a shapefile.  However, with care, I
can copy and paste new UTM records from a CSV file into the primary
shapefile.

Anyway, thanks again, your suggestions helped me along . . . . .

-----
Cheers, Springfield