[Qgis-user] Installing QGIS 3.14 or 3.16 on Windows: it only runs as administrator

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at geomaster.pt
Thu Oct 29 10:16:23 PDT 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to install QGIS using OSGeo4W on a new Windows 10 computer.
I've tried several options. I started with the "express desktop install".

The installation runs smoothly.

After installation, the splash screen appear and goes until the message:
QGIS is ready! But then, nothing happens. If I run QGIS with
Administrator privileges, it works.

I've also tried to install with "custom install", just for the current
user. But using this option, I get install errors (complaining about a
missing gdal301.dll).

What can I do (change some permissions?) to have QGIS running with
administrator privileges?

Disclaimer: I'm not a Windows expert. I probably missed something
obviously. I've disabled the antivirus software, just in case.

Thanks,

Jorge

--
Email Signature