[Qgis-user] Mac computer configuration

RMG reikogoodwin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:00:04 PDT 2020

 Hello QGIS users on Macs,

I would like advice on purchasing a new Mac. My Mac is 5 years old and
cannot handle heavy-duty QGIS procedures. I process many satellite images
and some vector files with 30 m grids have millions of features, for
example. To process anything is taking too long. I know there has been a
discussion on ARMS hardware, but that seems a few years away. So right now,
what would you recommend? I plan to partition the hard drive to handle
ArcGIS as well. I do not think I can afford a dream machine like Mac Pro,
though. Is a Mac mini something that you guys use and recommend?

Best wishes,

Reiko Matsuda Goodwin
ComoƩ Monkey Project <https://www.facebook.com/ComoeMonkeyProject/>
Guenon Conservation Community