[Qgis-user] Qgis 3.16 in mac error with translate raster file

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Wed Dec 15 04:06:37 PST 2021

> Azzurra Lentini
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org&q=from:%22Azzurra+Lentini%22>Tue,
> 14 Dec 2021 09:49:03 -0800
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org&q=date:20211214>
>
> Hi to all, a student of mine has having this issues during a raster
> processing operation (translate). She is using a Qgis 3.16 in mac and she
> does not have problems with other raster file operations like slope, shade
> etc, but when she wants to transform a raster file  data type floats to
> raster file pixel data type Integer, using the command translate, she gets
> this error message: do you know what is? I am sure she does not have any
> symbols or empty spaces in the paths of her files.

Hi Azzurra,
the only algorithm for raster layers available in the processing toolbox
whose name contains the word "translate" is the GDAL raster conversion
algorithm "Translate (convert format)".

Instead, the error reported in the log (is only one error repeated
several times) is about a GRASS algorithm, not a GDAL algorithm.

Anyway, if the algorithm used is a GRASS algorithm and the output layer
CRS is EPSG:3857 "WGS 84 / Pseudo-Mercator", then this issue has been
already reported for macOS and fixed in QGIS 3.22 but not fixed in QGIS
3.16.
See https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/41870 and
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/45399

Best regards.