[Qgis-user] Buffer by Attribute Issue

Peter Devanney peter at devanney.ca
Wed Dec 15 07:26:07 PST 2021

Hi Folks

Have a table full of points that I want to buffer by a variable distance.
The distance is an attribute in the input table in km.

Using Vector>Geoprocessing>Buffer It works fine if I specify a fixed buffer.

When I run it with the attribute selected it runs fine but it will not
paint the buffers. At first I thought I had a unit issue so added an
expression to multiply the attribute by 1000 to get to km from m as I
wasn't sure if the default was m.

The buffered output behaves totally normally so I can label, and zoom to
features... All looks fine except no actual buffers draw. Symbology panel
looks normal.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this or knows of a workaround or thoughts
on what I am doing wrong.

I am running 3.16.8 Hannover on mac OS 11.6

thanks

Peter