[Qgis-user] Detail-level of exported maps

Frederik Franke frederik.franke at posteo.de
Thu Feb 4 05:01:03 PST 2021

Dear QGIS users,

I’m relatively new to QGIS and need a quick help to export a map (as pdf) from the QGIS composer.

My map contains an OpenStreetMap background map and I have the problem that the exported OpenStreetMap is much too detailed (e.g. hundreds of village names are included with a very small font size). When I change the export resolution from 300 dpi to 72 dpi in the composer I can circumvent this problem. Only big cities are labeled now and the city names are in an appropriate size. Unfortunately the map has a very bad resolution now (I can see single pixels when I set the pdf-zoom factor to 100 percent).

How can I export a map with a lower detail-level but a good resolution?

Thanks and best

Fred