[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] New QGIS Date/Time Tools Plugin

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jan 28 07:22:00 PST 2021

On 1/28/21 4:13 PM, C Hamilton wrote:
> What you mention has merit, but I was not kidding about trying to keep a plugin self contained for government use. To set up automatic downloading on our networks would require PKI authentication and that opens up another can of worms. I know how to deal with PKI because I already maintain plugins that use authentication. It would be easier for our users to have them download a data pack and have some manual installation process, but it is even easier if the data is already a part of the plugin. The o

Hi Calvin,

What I 'think' Nyall meant was to add such data to QGIS itself? We already have a gpkg with the world countries on board (everybody know the easter egg: 'type world in the coordinate input' yes?).
But... adding 102Mb to the QGIS installer is maybe too much :-) Or can you shrink that down to some smaller size/format?
Also, not sure in which version this will show up then (and on what ancient QGIS version your government client is....).

If all fails, I'd accept Tim's proposal to get it uploaded on plugins.qgis.org via the backdoor/Tim...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde