[Qgis-user] Trimble GeoXT 2005 Accuracy

Springfield Harrison stellargps at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 00:35:08 PST 2021

Hello All,

I recently acquired a Trimble GeoXT 2005 Series and am puzzled by the
results it produces:

 1. Compared to a variety of "known" points, it consistently records
    positions that appear to be in error by 1.2 - 1.5 m NW from the
    known point.
 2. Points are collected and then mapped in QGIS as NAD83, UTM Zone 10 N.
 3. The known points include property survey pins, Government control
    survey monuments, Total Station survey points derived from the
    above, other GPS results (Trimble ProXRS) and identifiable points on
    orthophotos.
 4. I'm using SBAS correction in the GeoXT.

It appears to be adding a consistent offset to the GPS result although
no offset has been set in TerraSync.

Many thanks for any thoughts on this situation . . . . .

-----
Cheers, Springfield Harrison