[Qgis-user] Do GPX files contain CRS information?

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 19:19:14 PST 2021

> “If you can find a clear statement of what frame any SBAS uses, I'd love
> to see a URL/pointer.”

https://gssc.esa.int/navipedia/index.php/Reference_Frames_in_GNSS

My guess is that each constellation will use there own reference frame for the WAAS system they choose to implement.  Each can be tied to a specific ITRF version using published transformation parameters.  My guess is that a gps unit will use these parameters and use a specific ITFR only when mixing satellites from various constellations as a way to bridge the information from one frame to another.  Error are under a few centimetres.  Most consumer GPS have a errors that are much larger related to stuff like clocks, broadcast éphémérides and atmospheric  conditions. The specific ITFR  chosen is probably decided by each manufacturer depending on the published data.  Since WGS84 and PZ-90 (Russians CRS) can both be easily tied to ITRF2008, I would expect that RF would be the one used in current GPS units.  I will ask the sxblue guys to confirm this.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux