[Qgis-user] qgis server osgeo4w64 noobs question

Marc Millas marc.millas at mokadb.com
Thu Mar 11 08:27:00 PST 2021

Hi, I just reinstall a full osgeo4W64 distro on a w10 machine. (with qgis
3.16.4)
I have created 2 simple projects with qgis desktop
1) with only an osm standard map
2) with the same map+ 2 layers out of postgres12//postgis3.1  one layer
polygon ; one layer  point

I do setup the project qgisserver properties, so as to limit the size of
the map , ...

I have a fresh, working, apache24 installed on the same w10 machine (apache
lounge distro)

So, I try to follow some docs to test the qgisserver capabilities.

I modified the http.conf file, and run the WMS getcapabilities test
suggested in the doc. fine, I get an xml doc stating various things. ok.

Then I try the getmap test using my just created qgis projects.
1) looks like that 3xx version of qgis server dont know the qgz format. So
back to qgis to save each project in a qgs format. (I found nothing  in the
doc about this)
2) now when I run the getmap test out of the same browser, I get a white
rectangle of the size asked for in the getmap request, in a wholly black
landscape.

-looking at apache log, I found for each test a set of errors coming from
qgis-mapserv.fcgi.exe saying that the .exe didnt found proj.db
after a little internet digging, I did setup PROJ_LIB pointing to
the C:\OSGeo4W64\share\proj
directory where the osgeo installer put the proj.db file

Rerun the getmap test.
nothing changes.

also if I run the getmap request with the qgis-server instead of the
qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe tool, I get a simple "url not found" apache message.

looks like I need some help
thanks,
regards,

Marc MILLAS