[Qgis-user] Create circle with diameter in QGIS

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Mar 12 05:08:48 PST 2021

Hi Madeline,

You need to enable the "Advanced Digitizing mode/panel". See
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#the-advanced-digitizing-panel
for details.

The shortcut "d" (distance) is your friend. When this mode is activated
you can enter distances (like your radius) with the keyboard and QGIS
will constrain to these values.

You need to invest a bit of time to understand all the construction
modes, but once you get it, it is quite powerful.

Greetings,

Andreas