[Qgis-user] Layout export images not cropping to content with outside grid labels

Michael Dufty MDufty at mbsenvironmental.com.au
Mon Mar 22 22:09:13 PDT 2021

Hi,
I’m having an issue where if I export a layout as image, and tick the crop to content option, the result is not cropped to the content, but has considerable white space.
It seems to only happen where I have a grid with coordinates labelled on the outside.

It looks like QGIS is cropping to about where the coordinate labels would be if they were perpendicular to the edge of the map, but since I have them parallel with the map edge, a large white space is created.
Has anyone else come across this?  I can’t find any settings in the grid or map for this.

I have found a workaround, if I select to draw coordinate labels on the inside, then give them a negative distance to the map frame it all works as I think it should.

Michael Dufty