[Qgis-user] First steps with 3D Scan Data?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu Mar 25 14:07:28 PDT 2021

Hi folks,

in a project on a former dumpside now to be transformed into a sand
lizard habitat, I saw the chance to get my hands dirty for the first
time on 3D scan data (terrestrial). I received 10GB of stuff, and now
I'm completely lost.

The data consists of .rwcx files, .tzf files and lots of other stuff.

Is there any chance that I can process any of this data with an open
source stack?
Or what should be done, to make them digestible?

Second step: There seem to be 32 different scans of the area form all
angles. In case I succeed to somehow load the data, how do I combine them ?

For the first steps, I actually "only" would like to generate a decent
DEM from the data to be able to place some features on a map for the
guys in charge to do the habitat stuff.

Any kind of hints or links to reads about this topic would be appreciated

Cheers,

Bernd