[Qgis-user] RAM and processing speed requirements for QGIS

Helena Farrell helenakerry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 11:46:38 PDT 2022

Hello, I am seeking input on whether my 7 year old Mac with 8GB RAM and a
2.7gigahertz processor is likely to perform poorly at running QGIS. Since
these are like the bare minimum in terms of power, and I assume QGIS is a
data-heavy program, I may need to invest in a new computer. Anyone have
advice on RAM and processing speed specifications  that I should look for
and whether a PC be better than a Mac for running this program?

Thank you!