[Qgis-user] QGIS and geopackages in sharepoint environement

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Aug 5 07:09:45 PDT 2022

Guido Häfliger via Qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> writes:

> We are discussing in our company to switch from local fileserver/NAS
> to Sharepoint (hosted in cloud). Will QGIS-projects and geopackages
> work on sharepoint environment or do we have to expect a lot of
> troubles? Have anybody experience with QGIS and geopackages on
> sharepoint? Will we encounter problems if geopackages are opened by
> several users?

I don't know actually but I am immediately afraid.

I am guessing you are using windows.

Questions to ask:

  What fs protocol and locking protocol are you using on the NAS?

  What are you doing about geopackages and locking now?  geopackages are
  write-happy for no good reason, maybe not in the most recent code.

  what fs protocol and locking protocol will sharepoint use?

  how will systems that are not windows access sharepoint files?  mac?
  linux? FreeBSD or NetBSD?

  Can they set up a trial instance that you can check this on?

  Are you thinking about nextcloud?