[Qgis-user] DB manager PostGIS import fails for strange reason

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at giskraft.se
Sat Aug 6 06:01:07 PDT 2022

Hi!
Thanks to a tip in this thread, I have been able to confirm that the table
actually contains multipart polygons. So the error message is right, and
since the first found feature is multipart, the import fails immediately.
If I select only the single part features, the import runs with no problem.

Two questions remain to solve the issue.
1/ How come that the gpkg table properties are reported as
geometry=Polygon? Is it so that geopackage polygon tables do not
differentiate single and multipart?
2/ How do I force the DB Manager to create a MultiPolygon table instead of
a Polygon table?

Regards, Mats.E

--

*GisKraft*, Geodatakonsult

Mats Elfström, Marsvinsholms stationsväg 80, 271 93 Ystad, Sweden
tel: +46 70 595 39 35 / www.giskraft.se