[Qgis-user] Tectonic plate boundaries

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 07:06:41 PDT 2022

John and list,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 2:45 AM John Moyle via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Thank you one and all with helpful suggestions about finding a shape file
> of tectonic plate boundaries.
> Having tried several of them, QGIS accepts them and allows me to set
> colour type and thickness of line etc but even if they are the only layer
> selected I am unable to *see *them.

This might be a problem with your coordinate reference systems (CRS) for
the two layers and the project.  Maybe one layer or the other doesn't
correctly specify a CRS?

If you click on Help on the main menu, which pops up the documentation for
the version you are using in your browser, you can go to the section on
"Working with Projections" (it's § 10 in my QGIS version).  There you will
find a gentle explanaton of the topic and how to problem-solve when
something goes wrong.

If this doesn't help come back for more.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.